Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Big City & the Bahamas

Well.. I haven't ever really travled that much before.. when I was little we were always playing summer league softball and baseball, and my dad coaches lots of sports and my brother Kendall plays a lot of sports so our summers weren't ever really spent going on any crazy vacations, we went to a few places but none to far away. We did go to Colorado one vacation and that one was my most favorite! it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, but anyways its alright we weren't gone so much because I wouldn't trade those summers for a single thing. I am very thankful for all of those summers that I got to spend in Sesser. Now that I am not there anymore it makes me appreciate that small town a lot more than ever thought.. One of the best places. They were summers to remember for sure : ] But, this year apparently is different and I will be travleing a little more! I'm so excited! As you already know I went to Disney World which I had never done so that is one thing.




And, then in March I am going to New York City with my school on a missions trip! This is something that I am soooo excited because going to NYC has always been kind of a dream of mine. I like the big city life. Anyways we are going to be working with NYC Ministries and we will be working with them during the day and then at night we are going to get to do some touristy stuff I guess you could say, so I just really can't wait at all! There is a great group of students from my school that are going together and I know that it will be an amazing time and I will learn so much while I am there.








Now for the kinda crazy one... I'm going on a CRUISE! This is crazy to me. I really can't believe it, but me and my friends from Illinois : ] are going on a cruise!!!! Wow! We have always wanted to go somewhere, and we always planned it but it never happened. BUT, this time the tickets have been ordered! I can not wait! We will be leaving from Port Canaveral, then going to the Island of Cococay, and then to the island of Nassau! wow! We will be cruising through the Bahamas. We will be leaving on the 1st and coming back on the 5th of June. What a great vacation i think! There are seven of us going, 2 girls and 5 boys. Clearly the girls are a little out numbered but that is okay. We will have so much fun, and none the less. We will be sailing on the "the Monarch of the Seas". Sounds like a great boat to me!



This is going to be a great year! Growing up is kind of scrary and crazy sometimes, but you also get to do more fun things! I'm excited to see what is ahead of me! I'm so lucky to get these wonderful opportunities to go and see and do all of these wonderful things. I'm a very blessed girl and I thank God for that every day!






2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are a WORLD traveler these days, Val!! I wish I could go to NY and on a cruise! That is awesome! Have fun and take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for cruises!

    PS: There are 3 girls! not 2! :)

    ReplyDelete